The time may come when the web hosting company you are with is no longer meeting your needs and you need to move your WordPress website to a new host. Most hosting companies will perform this move for you, but if you want to tackle this yourself, it’s a fairly straightforward process.
You might also be interested in:
How to Install a WordPress Plugin Video Tutorial
Move a WordPress Website to New Host
In this video tutorial, I will show you how to make a backup copy of your WordPress website, how to install WordPress on the new server using Control Panel or CPanel, how to upload the backup copy to the new server and how to point your domain name to the new server. Sounds complicated, but I know you can do it.
Table of contents:
If you want to skip over parts, please use the time references in the table of contents.
- 00:01 – Introduction
- 00:53 – Necessary Resources
- 01:54 – Make Backup Using Updraft
- 03:37 – Installing WordPress Through CPanel
- 04:54 – Download Backup Files
- 06:05 – Inspecting Downloaded Backup Accuracy
- 07:44 – Uploading Backup to New Server
- 09:26 – Overwrite the Database
- 11:35 – Overwrite Plugin, Theme & Upload folders
- 14:06 – Updating Table Prefix in wp-config file
- 17:37 – Checking Permalink Structure
- 18:49 – Modifying the Hosts File to Check Site
- 20:56 – Adjusting Permalinks
- 23:11 – Changing the DNS to Point to New Server
- 27:06 – Conclusion