I’ve shown you how to set up WordPress hosting, how to install a free WordPress theme, how to customize that theme for your brand and how to transfer all your content from your current Wix website to WordPress! Now you get to tell the world about your new website by transfering your domain name from Wix to your WordPress hosting company.
I’m super excited that your new WordPress website is now ready to go live! If you remember, we have a temporary domain name pointing to the WordPress website and we’ll need to fix that before we go live with the website.
Transfer a Domain Name from Wix to WordPress
In this video tutorial, I will show you how to transfer a domain name from Wix to your WordPress hosting company, change the URLs in WordPress from the temporary domain name to your business domain name and ensure that search engines can crawl your new website. After that, you can celebrate by letting everyone know about your new website that you did yourself!
Table of contents:
If you want to skip over parts, please use the time references in the table of contents.
- 00:01 – Introduction
- 00:48 – Necessary Resources
- 01:14 – Encourage Search Engines
- 01:33 – Install Backup Plugin
- 04:31 – Recommended SEO Steps
- 05:07 – Transferring the Domain Name from Wix
- 10:04 – Update URLs in WordPress
- 12:54 – Change Name Servers
- 16:02 – Conclusion
- How to Change Domain Name Server is AMP
- Managed WordPress Hosting
- How to Set Up WordPress Hosting
- How to Install a FREE WordPress Theme
- How to Customize a WordPress Theme
- How to Transfer your Content